Terrapure is leading the way in lead recycling. We recycle spent lead-acid batteries, ensuring that all materials are processed sustainably. Using advanced processes, we recover and turn around high-quality lead to be used in new batteries and industrial applications.
What We Do
We receive and recycle spent lead-acid batteries and other lead-bearing materials. Using advanced technology, we divert hazardous waste from landfills or incineration. Lead can be recycled infinitely, so we send high-quality recycled lead back into manufacturing streams to be used for new products.
Our facilities offer advanced processes to optimize lead recycling. By creating the most efficient operations, we can offer stable and competitive pricing, while meeting and even exceeding regulations for environment, health and safety.
Services We Provide
- Collect spent lead-acid batteries and other lead-bearing materials
- Process lead scrap into lead that exceeds 99.97% purity, made to meet your specifications
- Process other industrial wastes that are useful to the lead smelting process as substitutes for natural gas, oil, metallurgical coke or soda ash
- Process and recycle other materials received or generated in the process, such as drums, pallets and other packing materials
Industries We Serve
- Motive power (forklift/locomotive)
- Golf cart
- Sweeper scrubber
- Backup power systems
Terrapure produces Tonolli and Nova Pb branded lead, approved by the London Metal Exchange (LME). We also manufacture lead alloys—all of which meet the specifications required by the battery manufacturing and other lead-consuming industries. The finished products are sold worldwide.